Monday, January 9, 2012

Music Mondays: Alex Goot

If you haven't heard of Alex Goot, you're missing out, friends.  I first learned about him through KurtHugoSchneider's channel, which I follow religiously.  

I have to say I quite like this whole young-people-covering-pop-songs trend that's been going on the past few years.  When I found out Sam Tsui wasn't actually on Glee, I was kind of shocked.  (But now I'm glad since that show's gone to shit.  Sorry, Darren Criss.  I will still probably stalk you on How To Succeed in Business, since you are now technically living in my city.)  

So yes, Alex Goot.  He started off on YouTube in 2007 and now has a butt ton of followers.  He's going on tour and will be stopping by this glorious city of mine (yes, NYC belongs to me in its entirety.  Living at home and sitting in debt is a personal choice) on March 23, 2012.


You can also download three of his songs for free here(hello, poor college grads.  here is your opportunity for free, legal, music!)  

Basically, he's young, he's got plastic glasses, and boy can sing.  He also plays the accordion, so obviously he's a lady killer.    


Look him up on Grooveshark and let him get you through the work day.  My personal favorite is his cover of Wonderwall.  (Oldie, but goodie.  Can you tell I grew up in the 90s?) 


Have a listen and let us know what you think! 

- Beetle, xx.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment