Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teeth Tuesdays

Despite the dental genre of the title of this post, I am not here to talk about oral hygiene or dentistry of any kind. The past couple of years has brought back (or "mainstreamed") the cult worshiping the species known as Vampires. Between Twilight, True Blood, Anne Rice and hundreds (thousands?) more, many sides of vampires have been explored and exhausted. As a veteran Vampire lover I've read many books, watch many movies and TV shows on the subject matter. One current TV show I am obsessing over is Being Human. A lot of people may know this title from the British version and may disagree with me when I say that I will choose the American version over the British one.


First off, here is a little information on the show.


Image courtesy of Imageshack.com
Aidan and Josh have nothing in common other than both working at the Suffolk County Hospital in Boston and being supernatural. Aidan is a vampire who is trying to run from his gory past by converting to bagged blood and working as a Nurse. Josh is a werewolf who ran away from home (and med school... who wouldn't run?) to protect his loved ones from his dangerous and painful transformation every month. Both are striving to be human aka "normal" and decide to help each other out when they know they won't be able to control themselves. They rent out an apartment together to simulate normalcy in their life. Little do they know, Sally the ghost is still living there. The trio battles personal issues and supports each other while discovering how to live with themselves (and not to kill people just because they can).  


In hindsight, Begin Human uses a lot of stereotypical supernatural references except for the fact that Vampires can walk out in sunlight. However I think that this works for the show. This show is funny, and dark. It pushes a realistic view on how supernaturals deal with their situation and shows the irony of trying to be "normal". This is a great show for those of you who like True Blood and shows where people bond over living together (sitcoms). I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Season 2 pans out. Let me know if you like this show or not and why! :) 


The second part of my Teeth post is inspired by the video game Alice: Madness returns. 


Courtesy of a person on Blogspot.com
This is a ps3 videogame that has a similar gameplay to Kingdom hearts. You play Alice as she returns to Wonderland to recover her lost memories only to find Wonderland infested with evil creatures trying to devour her I guess. She is equipped with an awesome butcher knife to cut her way thought these monsters to find all her missing memories... There are also secret keyhole rooms where you will find the pieces of her memories. Oh wait! This IS Kingdom hearts..... lol. Besides the countless similarities to KH, I really like this game. The graphics are nice, not as fancy as the Final fantasy game but good enough that I like to stop and admire the game scene and the new outfits Alice has in a new chapter. If you like KH like gameplay and really like to see a new twist to Alice in Wonderland this is a good game to check out. 

Well that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed this post! Please Leave me comments to show me you care! 

<3 Nibs n Ink

Oh!!! I almost forgot the best part of the Game Alice, She collects Teeth as currency in Wonderland. I guess that's useful since you can just punch out the cashier if you're low on teeth to buy milk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment