Monday, January 2, 2012

The End of the World and Non-Resolutions

This is by far the best cartoon to represent my views on 2012. 

Courtesy of ozarkangel.com
As much as I love watching all the crazies in Brooklyn freak out about the world exploding in December of this year, I'll take any reason to do all sorts of ridiculous things with the excuse of "I ONLY HAVE 11 MONTHS BEFORE THE EARTH BURNS FROM WITHIN," starting with my trip to Barcelona in less than two weeks.  


Am I packed? Of course not.  Have I even started to pack?  Negatory.  Do I have anything planned?  Sort of (but that's because I do have some OCD in me and can't go entirely unprepared or else I'll have a seizure next to a churros stand and no one needs to see that.  They think Americans are uncultured enough without me confirming that stereotype for them.) 


In any case, I wanted to talk about resolutions and how I hate setting them.  As much as I love wearing sparkly dresses and drinking champagne at midnight, I don't think anyone should save goals for this one specific day.  You are the only one in control of your life, and if you want to make a change, then make it damn it!  The fact that it's January 1 doesn't magically change anything.  You make changes when you need to.  


So in the spirit of non-resolutions, here are some of my ongoing goals, which I have been working towards for forever now and I hope to actually achieve this year: 


-  First and foremost, FIND A NEW JOB.  


My current place of work is the bane of my existence, as I've mentioned over and over again.  I've been sending out cover letters like a madwoman, and yet still no luck, so here's to hoping I actually get out of that hell hole sooner rather than later. 


- Move out of my apartment.


Thanks to this booming economy and my student loan debt, I'm still living with Mama and Papa Beetle.  As much as I complain, though, living at home post-college is quite possibly the smartest financial decision that anyone (with or without debt) can make.  I've been working so hard to over-pay my loans and my minimum payments have FINALLY gone down to an affordable amount after a year of giving away my paychecks to these evil people.  I'm so ready to move into my little cardboard box in Brooklyn with my friends and my Bazinga lunchbox.  


Honestly, that's pretty much it for now.  This job hunt is basically taking over since my current place of employment is ruining my life.  I can't complain about too much because my friends and family are amazing, krav maga gives me an outlet to beat the shit out of pads and release stress, and happy hour continues to exist.    


Speaking of that.. I think it's time for a drink.  


Until next time! 


Beetle out. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment