Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dinner Parties: Oh god. There's more.

Aside from being able to walk around with no pants on, one of the things I am most looking forward to when I have a place of my own is dinner parties.  I don't know who came up with this idea, but that guy deserves a nobel prize.  Or at least a life time supply of chocolate.  


Dinner parties are so great.  They're an excuse to get a ton of your friends together for no reason at all, dress up, and eat enough food to feed a small country.  (Or in the case of my Jewish self, enough to feed the Western Hemisphere.)  


Last weekend I went up to Boston for no other reason, but to have a dinner party.  My friend RE, who used to be a bartender, is known for throwing amazing parties (I spend basically every Halloween there drinking delicious beverages and playing drunken limbo).  He decided to have a Holiday After Party and get everyone together for a soiree after the Chrismakwanzakkuh season ended.  


Everyone dressed up (the boys even wore ties!), brought something to eat, and stuffed their faces.  And really, who can argue with a night like that? 


This was just the beginning.
RE's pride & joy.  
We called them the Blue Shirt Brigade.
My tiramisu!
Recipe has been tweaked & was a huge hit.
By the end of the night, we ate so much we could barely move and ended up watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights along with a slew of other random movies.  Food coma, friends, and Mel Brooks.  You can't really argue with that. 


Do you have any fun dinner party stories?  Tell us in the comments!  

5 comments:

  1. I'm probably being a stickler about this, but I suspect the person who came up with dinner parties was a woman. Men may dominate kitchens in restaurants, but I doubt that's the case in most households.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you LDT! Probably Female!!

    Dinner party at me place!!!! It's not as far as Boston!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used "guy" in the loosest sense of the word. Yes, it was probably a woman. Oy! So nitpicky!

      .... can we eat now?

      Delete
    2. Sorry - I know I'm very literal. But one of the things that always blew me away is how few female professional chefs there are. So women have cooked in kitchens for how long, and the now-oh-so-hip food industry is dominated by MEN? Come on!

      Okay, getting off the soapbox now.

      Delete
    3. No, you're right. I'll choose my words wiser next time. GIRL POWER.

      -Beetle, xx.

      Delete